Are you considering a career in urban planning? Becoming an Urban Planner is the best place to start. Through in-depth interviews with more than eighty urban planners across the United States and Canada, this book gives you a valuable insider’s look at your future profession as it is lived and practiced.
Becoming an Urban Planner introduces you to the urban planning profession―its history, what you must know to prepare for a career in planning, and the different types of planning jobs. Beyond the basics, though, it shows you the realities of what it’s really like to be a planner today. You’ll learn about:
- The skills you’ll need and how to hone them in school and on the job
- Potential career paths and what people in these positions do
- Using internships, job shadowing, and other opportunities to break into the field
- Deciding among planning specialties and moving between public and private sectors
- How to search for and get your first position
- Emerging areas in planning, including sustainability and climate change
Each topic is explored through in-depth interviews with both generalists and others who have devoted their careers to a particular aspect of planning. These professionals share their insights and describe how they have arrived at where they are and how beginners like you can learn from their experiences.
With the information from this book to guide and inspire you, you will be able to chart your own path to success as an urban planner.
۱- igupa.ir , Becoming an Urban Planner: A Guide to Careers in Planning and Urban Design , 1688183706
۲- https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Urban-Planner-Careers-Planning/dp/0470278633/ref=sr_1_9?crid=31H44B4QVV7KD&keywords=urban+planning&qid=1688127639&s=books&sprefix=urban%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C183&sr=1-9&rand=5389,2023-06-30 16:50:39